"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him." ~Galileo Galilei

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Margarita Pizza



Last night a good friend of mine stopped by for dinner. Looking for something quick and easy, I decided to make grilled margarita pizzas for us. The only problem is that 1), i do not have a working oven at the moment, and 2). I do not have a grill. The solution? Cook the pizzas on the stove in my cast iron pans. They turned out surprisingly well!

Margarita Pizza:

naan bread
pesto
sliced tomatoes
fresh mozzarella
Fresh basil

lightly brown one side of the naan bread in the cast iron pan, and flip. cover the naan with some pesto, top with sliced tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. Salt and pepper the pizza, and sprinkle on some chopped fresh basil. Cook the pizzas on low heat so that you do not burn the bottom of the bread, and so that the cheese melts. cook until the bread is a little crispy on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment